- Home Decor
- Intersting Facts
- Plant Care
- December 30, 2020
Is Gifting Plants the right choice? Let’s find out!
Is Gifting Plants the right choice? Let’s find out!
We constantly hunt for the perfect gift that will leave the person we’re gifting amazed and speechless. We put in all the efforts to make them happy and fill their day with warmth and contentment. At some point, we are stuck in an endless battle with ourselves where we just can’t decide what to gift. Has that ever happened to you? This time, let us step up our game and opt for eco-friendly gifts rather than conventional gifts. Green gifting is the best eco-friendly option other day. It is like giving a life to someone you care about.
Gifting plants is right for every occasion- Ganesh Chaturthi, Onam, teacher’s day; it goes right with every situation and event. What is necessary is to choose the right plant that may have a greater significance and meaning which is likely to go with the occasion.
So, why exactly is green gifting emphasized so much, and what exactly are the benefits of green gifting? Things like chocolates, scrap books, perfumes, and other forms of gifts are meaningful as well, but imagine if you bought someone something that makes them happy AND helps the environment? Green gifting is a great way to ensure the happiness of both the earth and your loved one.
Here is a list of reasons that will answer your question of “Why is gifting plants the best option?”
- Gifting a plant means gifting a life. It is the healthiest option of a gift as it aims to enhance and preserve our nature.
- Since, having plants around is extremely beneficial to health, giving them around as gifts signifies to the receiver that you really care for them. The environment today is slowly depleting due to unhealthy practices by humans. Eco-friendly gifting can help ensure its continued longevity.
- Moreover, plants are a very integral part of nature that helps relax and rejuvenate one’s mind. The nature’s soothing aura radiates peaceful vibes in its surroundings. Gifting it to someone you so dearly love will allow them to cherish the joy of having a natural stress buster and a lovely natural home décor.
- Plants help strengthen bonds in any relationship. They teach core moral values like patience, compassion, togetherness and hard work.
- When gifting a plant or a biodegradable material, we can be absolutely sure that the objects are easily decomposed, which in turn ensures that garbage does not remain on the land. Unlike plastic wastes which take years to decompose.
- Gifting plants helps promote a healthy and a clean environment. When we give plants, we can ensure that we have reduced or at least neutralized a little bit of our carbon footprints on this Earth.
- Eco-friendly gifts help rid the environment of harmful impurities, this helps make sure that we live in a greener, cleaner and a fresher environment. Furthermore, you’re making sure that your loved one breathes in clean fresh air because plants get rid of toxic impurities in the air. In a way, you’re telling them that you care about their health and want them to live a long life with healthy lungs.
- We cannot overlook the aesthetic effects of plants; there are just so many beautiful plants to choose from, it adds a lot of elegance and increases the aesthetic pleasure of any area it is kept in. All of these benefits while keeping the environment clean? Count us in!
- Everyone knows the endless benefits of green plants. Have you ever sat under a tree on a really warm day and immediately felt the cool air hit you? Well that’s because green plants release a steady stream of fresh oxygen and moisture into the atmosphere. This helps keep the atmosphere around green plants cool, which reduces the rise in temp and helps in maintaining a more soothing environment. Crazy, right? It’s like the perfect gift to give someone you love; it practically screams “I care about you and your health.”
- Even if we sit and try to count the comforts this world has provided us, from the lovely lush green rainforests, to the cold Himalayan mountains filled with snow, the environment has provided us with more than just aesthetic benefits. It soothes our minds and helps us relax our bodies without asking for anything in return. But, as humans, it is our obligation to give back, the Earth takes care of us, it is our duty to take care of it back.
Plants can be gifted on various occasions like-
Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the most important festivals celebrate with great joy and bliss throughout India. Lord Ganesh is worship by majority of the Hindus that reside in the country. The festival of Ganesha is celebrate with lot of zest and harmony to mark the birthday of Lord Ganesh.
Several houseplants like Hibiscus, Money plant, MILT Sansevieria, and certain Bonsai plants can be use for interior décor of homes and mandaps and gifting purposes. This brings out the beauty of the festival in the most eco-friendly manner. Using houseplant will not only brighten up the ten-day festival but also serve as long term home décor with several health benefits.
Onam is a festival celebrate in the Indian state of Kerala to commemorate the visit of king Mahabali who is believ to visit the homes on the 22nd day of the Malayalam month Chingam. A special decoration which is significant to the occasion is call the pookalam which much resembles the rangoli except flowers are use instead of colours.
While Onam is about a lot of things, it particularly stands out for its traditional manner of celebration. Best recommendation for gifts to your loved ones. On this special occasion is to invest in houseplants that will quickly change the look of any space by adding the much needed traditional vibe. Houseplants like White pothos, Marigold, Lucky bamboo are perfect gifts for occasions. As they effortlessly bring out the traditional vibe of the festival along with happiness and joy.
Throughout the year our teachers help us grow and shape us into better people. They work hard on us and we many times fall behind when it comes to appreciating their efforts. Teacher’s day is a great occasion to give them a small token of appreciation. A unique and thoughtful gift would definitely be a gorgeous plant! Plants like Lucky bamboo, snake plant and white pothos have significant meaning and appropriate gifts for our teachers. As they stand for positivity and happiness whilst bringing the much needed freshness into the air. Our teachers definitely deserve plants that symbolize love, happiness, peace, freshness and prosperity. Plants are the best way to express gratitude towards your teachers since they have helped you bloom beautifully.
Plants can also be gift on various other occasions like Mother’s day, father’s day, Eid-ul-fitr, Diwali, Christmas etc. They symbolize love, peace and harmony and can be gift as a symbol of togetherness and warmth.