Blog – Why Its Important to Celeberate employee Birthdays
Why It’s Important to Celebrate employee Birthdays
It is an incorrect notion that birthdays can only be celebrated by loved ones. These celebrations are not limited to our friends or family. In fact,a wish from an unexpected source can definitely make our day. It is very important for employers to celebrate employee birthdays too. It offers many benefits to both the parties involved. Wonder how and why? Read on to find out!
- To create a holistic work culture: To ensure a good work culture, a healthy mentality must be promoted. It can boost employee morale. This can also increase their productivity. It is important to make employees feel special. Thus, celebrating employee birthdays is essential. That is what a family would do. So if you want your employees to feel at home, celebrate their birthdays!
- To make employees feel welcome: Treating employees as a family can bring them closer to you. Employees should not feel left out. It is important to let them know that each of them matters. This will help them view their job not as mere work, but as their passion. They will no longer see it as a job but as a career. It will give them something to look forward to.
- To be a good leader: The mark of a good leader is seen in how he treats those under him. You may come off as a strict leader. But you must let your employees know your human side too. This will help them understand you better. It will eradicate any grudges held. These little things are what will help you bond with your employees. Because at the end of the day, we are all humans. So it is good to let our feelings show!
- To promote unity: A workplace sees a mix of different kinds of people. People with different backgrounds and tastes. People from different regions and having different mentalities. A birthday celebration can bring them all together. This is a day of fun for all employees. Being there for each other can make them feel closer. It can unify all involved. So, the company can work as a giant whole, instead of disembodied parts.
- To increase employee retention: Providing a good work environment will increase employee satisfaction. This will also enhance employee engagement. This is necessary to make sure that employees are retained. It will reduce the brain-drain from the company. It will also help to keep the work-force intact and going. In the long run, it will save company resources. It will also allow for the proper utilization of manpower. Besides, this will also make the company’s reputation better!
Thus, celebrating employee birthdays offers many benefits. These can help to establish strong employee relations. It can benefit both the company and the individual. That is why most companies have dedicated HR to keep track of employee birthdays. They make sure that these days will be celebrated with enthusiasm. Often, employees given cards, gifts, or tokens of appreciation. So if you are an employer, don’t be left behind. Follow suit, celebrate birthdays, and let your work culture flourish!